Image Map

Friday, December 30, 2011

5- Year Anniversary Gifts

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday! 

I love that man :)

He always gives me sweet gifts. He's definitely gotten better at gift giving. (He used to buy me a couple books from the bargain section at the bookstore. It's better now.)

Look at the sweet, thoughtful gift he gave me this year:


A picture frame with a picture from each year of our marriage! (I added the years on Picnik, just as a reference.)

I love this gift. He also wrote a favorite memory from that year on the back of the frame. Not to mention he took me here:


The Biltmore Estate! He's such a good husband.


I started on his gift around the beginning of December. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift but I had already made him a pillowcase (out of minky...soft) so I decided to make it an anniversary present. 


A T-shirt blanket! A BYU T-shirt blanket, to be exact. I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

Just a few tips/tricks for a T-shirt blanket:

- I used a fleece blanket for the backing that I found at Wal-Mart for $2. This way my husband will use it instead of just look at it.


- Use some sort of stabilizer on the backs of each T-shirt. This is a trick my mom told me about. The stabilizer makes the T-shirt non-stretchy and a lot easier to deal with. 


- Another way my husband will use it: I didn't add batting. Doing this makes the blanket a lot lighter so that it's easier to fold up or to throw on top of someone. Another trick told to me by my mama. 


 - I used this tutorial from YouTube for making and attaching my borders. And look: beautiful mitered corners!!

I also made him a framed memory (about the proposal):



Sharing here: Naptime Crafters, Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night,


Thanks for dropping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!