Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Decor Top 10

How was your Christmas??!! Did you survive? I'm guessing you did, if you're reading this. Well, congraaaatulations! Now it's time to plan for next year! Ha! Just joking with ya. Take a day or two off. 

I sure did! We went to Charlotte on Christmas day and then my husband planned a getaway for us for the next two days to celebrate our 5-year anniversary... SO SWEET. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. It was AH-MAZING.

Anyhoo...last night I was thinking how I kind of already want to take down the Christmas stuff and move on to something else...is that bad? Oh well. So I wanted to share my Christmas Decor Top 10 before I took everything down. I'll count down to my #1 favorite decoration this year.


10. My "Christmas Time" countdown. This is a fun little reminder of how close the holiday is coming. I think I made it at a Super Saturday a while ago. 



9.  The Stocking Station. I had to put our stockings on the little coat hanger by the door since we don't have a mantle. It works. I also want to MAKE some stockings...maybe next year.



8. BYU light box. I got this from the Craftaholics Anonymous Craft Exchange. I did it in June (I think it was June) and my partner gave me this awesome light! Love it.



7. "Cowboy Christmas": We have to showcase Drew's roots!



6. The JOY blocks I think I made at a Super Saturday (the other side says "BOO"). The little nativity is the first one I ever bought. I got it from the BYU Bookstore.



5. Luke got this awesome Nativity set from his grandma last year. He loves playing with it & this year Gracie did too!



4. My Christmas centerpiece. I used this to decorate for my ward Christmas party, so I just transferred it to my table afterward. Plus, I made that table quilt, so it's extra special.



3. I love this nativity. It's so simple & sweet. For some reason it's one of my favorite decorations...besides the obvious reason: being reminded what the real reason for Christmas is.



2.  My grandma sent me this needlepoint Christmas canvas a year or two ago. Isn't it awesome? I think either my grandma or my great-grandma made it.



1. My favorite Christmas decoration this year is the one I MADE this year: Hand print ornaments! I just traced my babies' hands and cut them out of felt and made an ornament. I would love to do something like this every year to remember how little & sweet their hands are that year.



Thanks for dropping by!




1 comment:

  1. Hello Kathryn,
    Happy (belated) Anniversary. Love your handmade hand print ornaments, super cute.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!